Thursday, June 13, 2013

Running Apocalypse

If there is anyone alive there just run.... run!

After the last couple of weeks' worth of rather modest effort I decided I needed an extra kick to my motivation, so I downloaded an iPhone app called Zombies, Run!

Zombies, Run! is an audio game where you run with your headphones in and the game tells you a story where you feature as a supply runner in a post-zombie-apocalypse world, running around a zombie infested city in search of medical supplies, food, water, fuel and information.

If you enable the 'zombie chase' mode the story includes sections where you are chased by packs of zombies who want to eat your brains and you have to run faster to outpace them or drop all the supplies you have collected to get away. It's awesome.

So this is the week so far:

Tuesday: ran on the treadmill at 11km/h for 40 minutes.
Thursday: ran outside for 6km in 32 minutes.

On Sunday I will do another run 'mission' for around half an hour. Next week I'll see if I can pick it up a bit more.


No comments:

Post a Comment